NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC]
January 18, 2023
Discovering the Louvre in 8K: An Exquisite Art Experience that Transcends Space
Using 8K technology to produce ultrahigh-definition images, NHK has been working to record and pass down precious cultural assets and artwork to future generations. NHK and NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC] will be co-organizing Discovering the Louvre in 8K: Exquisite Art Experience that Transcends Space.
The greatest treasures from the Louvre, including masterpieces like the Venus de Milo, The Winged Victory of Samothrace, and the Mona Lisa, will be projected on a 325-inch LED 8K monitor for an exquisite art experience. In close-up images, visitors can see the paintings in detail as if they had dived into them, as they would not be able to experience even if they visited the Louvre.
1. Title: Discovering the Louvre in 8K: An Exquisite Art Experience that Transcends Space
2. Date: February 14 (Tue)–March 1 (Wed), 2023 February 26 (Sun), 2023 (changed on February 13)
Closed on February 20 (Mon)
3. Venue: NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC]
[Access] 2-minute walk from the east exit of Hatsudai Station on the Keio New Line
4. Content: NHK has captured many precious images from the Louvre Museum in 8K.
(Major works include the Venus de Milo, The Winged Victory of Samothrace, the Mona Lisa,
The Coronation of Napoleon, and the Madonna of Chancellor Rolin)
At the venue, you can enjoy an audio guide in which you can listen to the explanation of the work on your smartphone.
Navigator: UMEHARA Yuichiro (voice actor)
* When using the audio guide, we recommend using your own earphones.
* Smartphones and earphones are not lent at the venue.
* The audio guide is provided only in Japanese.
5. Admission: Free of charge, reservations by date and time slot
Advance reservations are accepted from 11:00 am 7 days before the scheduled date until the end of each time slot.
Toll-free Telephone: 0120-144199 (10:00 am–6:00 pm, except 2/12 [Sun])
For inquiries about the content of the screening and workshops:
Hello Dial: 050-5541-8600 (9:00 am–8:00 pm, available every day)
7. Organizers: NHK, NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC]
8. Broadcast Schedule
- The Louvre: A 500-Year Journey Through the Hall of Beauty (BSP/BS4K)February 4 (Sat) 9:00 am–9:43 am
- The Louvre in 8K (BS8K)February 4 (Sat) 2:40 pm–3:00 pm
- The Louvre: 500 Years of the Hall of Beauty (BS4K)“Part 1: It All Started with Leonardo da Vinci”February 13 (Mon) 10:45 am–11:44 am“Part 2: The Land of the Arts as Dreamed of by the Sun King”February 14 (Tue) 10:45 am–11:44 am“Part 3: The Revolution and Napoleon’s Louvre”February 15 (Wed) 10:45 am–11:44 am“Part 4: Seeking Eternal Beauty”February 16 (Thu) 10:45 am–11:44 am
- The Louvre: Eternal Beauty (BS4K)February 18 (Sat) 1:30 pm–2:29 pm, etc.
9. Related Event: Workshop for Junior and Senior High School Students[Date and Time] February 11 (Sat), 2023 / 3 sessions per day, about 50 people per session1st Session: 11:00 am–12:00 pm, 2nd Session: 2:00 pm–3:00 pm[Venue] NTT InterCommunication Center [ICC]
3rd Session: 4:30 pm–5:30 pm
[Lecturer] MIURA Atsushi (Professor, the University of Tokyo)
[Intended Audience] Junior and senior high school students
* Click here for how to apply and other details.
* The Workshop will be held in Japanese.
* Reservations are required in advance.
Contact for the press
“Discovering the Louvre in 8K” PR Room (Youth Planning Center, Inc.)
Request for visitors: The Countermeasures against COVID-19
The following will not be permitted to enter ICC.
- People with a fever of 37.5℃ (99.5℉) or above. (Visitors will have their temperature taken upon entry with a thermal camera and non-contact thermometer.)
- People who have traveled within the past two weeks to a region or country with a high infection rate.
- People with symptoms such as fever, sore throat, runny nose, persistent fatigue, etc.
- People not wearing a face covering.
- The Louvre: Eternal Beauty (BS4K)